Ottawa – Again this summer, City Hall’s Marion Dewar Plaza will be home to regular weekly programs and special events for every taste and interest. Some sizzling favourites return from last year, with hot new additions for 2014.
“I’m pleased the City continues to enhance the downtown Ottawa experience with free activities at City Hall,” said Mayor Jim Watson. “Summer activities and unique galleries truly make City Hall a destination for tourists and Ottawa residents alike all year round.”
Marion Dewar Plaza is the place to be for the following activities at lunch hour, every Thursday in July.
· Free Thursday noon concerts, sponsored by RBC Bluesfest and the Musicians’ Association of Ottawa-Gatineau
· Free sports (volleyball, floor hockey, futsal and ultimate), sponsored by the Ottawa Sport & Social Club. Visit ottawa.ca for specific times and to sign up
· A cash barbecue, organized by Café 111
Popular activities returning from last year include:
· Tuesday morning YMCA-YWCA boot camps
· Tuesday noon Rama Lotus Yoga
· Wednesday lunchtime Taoist Tai-chi
· Wednesday evening salsa dancing
· Roller derby demonstrations in July and August
“City Hall is a great place to visit morning noon and night this summer,” said Mark Taylor, Chair of Communty and Protective Services Committee. “Whether you want to sit back and enjoy, or jump in and take part, this summer’s schedule is designed to nurture the mind, body and soul.”
Visit ottawa.ca for a full list of summer programming at City Hall’s Marion Dewar Plaza.
For more information: